Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Evreything I Own


"What would I give to be pure in heart..I'd give everything that I own" ~Jason Gray "Everything I Own"
I am a freshman in college, and I am going to be blogging my experiences as a Christian, very conservative, college student at a small, very secular, liberal campus! Will I change my values? Or will I stay true to them? Will I stay with my boyfriend, or will the distance prove to be to much? Will 'lightning up' be the admirable thing to do, or will be staying true to the standards of behavior I have always valued win out? Stay tuned. I plan to keep my identity anonymous, therefore I will reveal very little identifying information, and will change details in stories as necessary (without compromising the integrity of the encounter). Consequently, this will be a very honest and candid blog for parents to see what their children might struggle with at a secular college, Christian students to have someone that can identify with their daily decisions, and secular students to marvel at how real the decision to follow Christ is.
In Christ,
AB

2 comments:

  1. Great post, I look forward to hearing how your college experience goes. However, I am disturbed by the photo of you drinking what looks like beer while reading the bible. It appears that you are endorsing underage drinking!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is not a photo of me, it is one I found online. And yes, I intentionally made it beer because I wanted to show the dichotomy between college culture and living for Christ. I am not endorsing it.

    ReplyDelete

Please keep all comments respectful regardless of your opinions on the post above!